Posted November 29, 2018
We happen to love golf at McCormick, so much that we are building more NEW custom homes on the 11th green and 18th fairway of the McCormick Woods Golf Course in our exclusive neighborhood, Dunmore at McCormick.
Let’s admit, golf can be frustrating at times, but it’s sure a fun and challenging sport to play. After all, what’s better than waking up to the bright morning sun, hearing the click of your cleats on the pavement, enjoying laughs with friends – old and new, and the perfect ping of your Callaway driver as you launch an awesome shot from the first tee.
1. Golf Course Lots are Rare and Coveted. Where else can you find custom, new homes on a pristine golf course in the Seattle or Kitsap County area? You’ll probably struggle, because most available golf course lots in the Puget Sound area are right here at McCormick! Dunmore at McCormick is an enclave of 54 homes on large lots, many of which are on the golf course. The large lots in Dunmore at McCormick allow buyers many design choices, including single-story living and master-on-main. The National Association of Realtors noted that homes on a recreational open space, such as a golf course, boost the value by as much as 20%. It’s true, home buyers highly value living on a golf course. Finding golf course lots in the Seattle area is next to impossible, so it’s not surprising that lots at Dunmore are selling quickly.
2. Endless “Backyard” that You Don’t Have to Maintain. Sure, you’ll have a beautiful landscape and hardscape on your property that will require a bit of attention, but your “backyard” view becomes acres upon acres of beautifully maintained grass, sand and water features, and towering evergreen trees, thanks to the fantastic greenskeepers at the McCormick Woods Golf Club! The serenity of this impeccable setting is beyond words.
3. It’s Prestigious – the “WOW” factor. When you want to entertain friends and family, you’ll by giddy with excitement to invite them over. From the moment they enter the front door, see your custom home finishes, and take in the gorgeous golf course view, they’ll say “wow, this is really stunning.” But shhhhhhh, don’t share the secret. While you live in McCormick, just a 30-minute fast ferry ride from Downtown Seattle, finding a home like yours in Seattle or the Eastside would cost 2+ times as much! Your friends and family will probably want to buy a home next door – which makes for even more fun parties to come.
4. Because You Can Play Golf ANY TIME, ANY DAY! No more will you have to pack your clubs, drive to the course and rent a cart. The course is out your back door, could it get any easier? Whether you’re up for a day of 18 holes (why not 36 if you feel the urge!), want to practice a few shots on the driving range, or just enjoy a couple of holes with your kids and grandkids after dinner on our long summer evenings, you can do so because YOU Live at McCormick.
5. Feel Accomplished. When you pull into your driveway, you’ll be overwhelmed with a sense of accomplishment – that this golf course home in this incredible community is really yours. Kitsap County is a beautiful place to call home, yet you can still reach downtown Seattle in 30 minutes by fast ferry. You have uncovered an undeniable treasure. You made it. Welcome home to McCormick!
Golf legend Arnold Palmer shared this tip – we hope it helps when you are out on the links and feeling down about your score (though we’re sure this never happens!
“I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone’s golf game. It’s called an eraser.”
Enjoy one of these 5 fishing spots close to McCormick!
Join us for a night of laughter and fun at our Under the Woods Comedy Night series! Charlie Wiener will be performing so grab a friend or your loved one, sit back, and enjoy the show.